Los Angeles is a city full of movie stars and all-stars, but in the summer of 2015, the real STARS will be the 7,000 Special Olympics Athletes from around the world.
Apply now as a volunteer to be a part of the biggest event to hit LA since the 1984 Olympic Games. We are seeking volunteers with big hearts, big smiles and a big commitment to the mission – Special Olympics. Whatever your interest, talent or background, there are volunteer opportunities for you!
Volunteers – our Heroes – will be evaluated and assigned on an individual basis. Priority will be given to those volunteers who are able to work the most number of days or who have a special skill that we need.
Requirements to audition to be a Volunteer (Hero):
- At least 18 years of age (with a limited number of roles for those volunteers who are 16-17)
- Be available at least 5 days with most shifts (6-8 hours) occurring between July 25th and August 2nd (Availability requirements vary for Medical Services and Healthy Athletes volunteers)
- Must pass a background check
- Must complete all training – most will be available online
- Must provide your own accommodation and transportation
- Must upload a photo for your credential
Do you live outside the U.S.?
International volunteers must be a registered volunteer with their local Special Olympics program. If you have not volunteered before with Special Olympics, visit www.SpecialOlympics.org and click on “Get Involved” to find the program in your area.
Perks of being a Hero:
- Official Special Olympics World Games uniform and credential
- Free meal when you work a 6 – 8 hour shift
- Parking accessible at some venues, along with free access to Metro system
- The feeling that you’ve made a difference in the lives of the thousands of Special Olympics athletes
If you wish to update your form, click here.
Please include your name and what you would like to update.